Put Youth Addiction Prevention into MOTION.
Join our Youth Resiliency Adventure Pre-Event #20for20n20;
Make a difference in youth addiction!
What is #20for20n20
It is a virtual athletic event to walk, run or bike 20 miles for $20 in 2020. It can be done anywhere at your convenience! Nice. If you are under 18, you will need approval from your parent or guardian. (They will be so proud of you for making a difference!)
What do you need to know to get started?
- Register to walk, run, or bike 20 miles at https://bit.ly/20for20n20. Pay the $20 registration fee to help us reach our goal of $75,000!
- Check your inbox for a Welcome email from Get Me Registered. This email will confirm your successful registration. We’ll also continue sending updates about this event, a free registration code for our big #YRAdventure2NAddiction event in October. You’ll begin receiving information about how addiction impacts America’s youth straight to your inbox.
- Next, invite or challenge your friends, family, and peers to get involved too! The more, the merrier!
Now that you registered, what should you know?
You are on an adventure that will keep you active and support the prevention of youth addition in our local communities.
- Now that you’ve signed up to walk, run, or bike your 20 miles, it’s time to get started. You have from NOW until Sept. 30 to cover your distance.
- Once you’ve completed your 20 miles, take a selfie, or have a friend snap a photo of you with our sign that says, “I DID MY 20” Use the filter on social media sites where available.
- Post that photo on all your social media page with the hashtag #20for20n20. We’ll be checking the hashtag to share photos of participants who completed the challenge!
- For registering, we will mail you a Youth Resiliency Adventure #20for20n20 magnet.
- Make sure you sign up for the main event Youth Resiliency Adventure in October. Promote it with the #YRAdventure2nAddiction.
Who am I helping?
We’re so glad you asked! The goal of these events is to raise funds for FOCAS’s efforts in preventing youth addiction.
Youth addiction is prevalent in our community and has a costly effect on the lives it touches. It often attacks generation after generation. It’s a cycle that’s tough to break, but it can be broken. Just look at our friend Allison.
Allison grew up with an addicted mother and found herself addicted to heroin at a young age. She soon turned to prostitution to supply drugs for herself and her mom.
Her life was full of broken dreams and constant terror. Wrapping her mind around the possibility of something different than what she was experiencing was extremely difficult. Those who came to know her at FOCAS’ Family Activity Center in Price Hill, however, didn’t give up on her.
About three years ago Allison came to us ready for detox. She had hope that things could change, and she took the first step.
Allison has been clean for three years. The last three years have been extremely challenging but the hope she holds on to has imparted courage to move toward the promises of God.
If only we could have met her in her youth, maybe her path could have changed earlier. Think of all the young “Allisons” we can reach with your help through #20for20n20.
So, what are you waiting for? Register for #20for20n20 now and put youth addiction prevention and recovery into motion for your community today!